
Just finished a fantasticaly bizarre book called 'Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami' if you haven't read it and you like things to be just a little bit crazy and different then I recommend it...His style of writing is beautiful and addictive even tho I have a feeling some of the translation is slightly over Americanised or if you prefer Americanized!
There are two stories followed in the book slowly interweaving through the book, one of a 15 year-old boy who runs away from home who calls him-self Kafka Tamura, and another a story of old man Nakata who can talk to cats and make the sky rain fish...yes I know strange but if you can just suspend your disbelief and install some belief in the fantastical it really is a brilliant journey that the Author takes you on.....I can't wait to read more of his books and no doubt work on some more illustrations inspired by them!! So keep your eyes peeled!!
At the moment I'm reading Paulho Coelho's The Alchemist so it might be a little while before another Murakami inspired piece pops up....
1 comment:
Hi Paul. Im a big Murakami fan and think your style is a perfect fit for both the style and content of his books, very grounded in reality but with something else happening under the surface. This illustration really captures that. Can't wait to see what you'll do for the other books if you read them.
Post a Comment